Browse by Award
- ALA Notable Adult Books
- ALA Notable Book
- ALA Notable Children's Book
- ALSC Notable Children's Recordings
- Alex Award - YALSA
- Alex Award
- Audie Awards
- AudioFile Earphones Award
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Audiobooks - Young Listeners
- Capitol Choices Noteworthy Audiobook
- IMPAC Dublin Literary Award
- Margaret A. Edwards Award (Alex Awards)
- New York Times Notable Book
- Newbery Honor Books
- Newbery Medal Winner
- Printz Awards
- Printz Honors
- Publishers' Weekly Listen Up! Award
"The novel asks the immense existential questions of the meaning of life. With its unusual, rhythmic and tightly composed language it is an amazing piece of work, which teasingly, grippingly and thrillingly depicts the quest of a group of children to proving to themselves and other people that something matters in life.
Vera’s spent her whole life secretly in love with her best
friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she’s kept a lot of
his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined
So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, even the police.
Fifteen-year-old Daisy is sent from Manhattan to England to visit her aunt and cousins she’s never met. three boys near her age, and their little sister. Her aunt goes away on business soon after Daisy arrives.
Written in haunting, lyrical prose, Kit’s Wilderness examines the bonds of family from one generation to the next, and explores how meaning and beauty can be revealed from the depths of darkness.